The International Union of Socialist Youth (IUSY) is looking for a Project Manager for its secretariat.
As a Project Manager of IUSY, you will be engaged in all our activities and will get broad and multicultural project management experience. You will also get a unique chance to engage with the world from a political and social perspective. The IUSY Secretariat is a small team consisting of the Secretary General, who leads the work, and three project managers. The job is full time, including frequent travel and work during weekends. The Secretariat is located in Vienna, Austria, and it is a requirement that you move and live there.
About the position
In cooperation with the Secretary General and the rest of the secretariat, the Project Manager will assist in the management, preparation and running of seminars, statutory meetings and other political initiatives set out by IUSY. The Project Manager is responsible for the IUSY global project, a cooperation between IUSY, the Swedish Social Democratic Youth League (SSU) and the Olof Palme International Center (OPC). The Project Manager will be responsible for project and funding applications, as well as reporting. In addition to the previously mentioned tasks, the Project Manager will assist with the daily running of the secretariat, such as answering emails and phones, updating the website and whatever else the Secretary General needs to run the office
You are expected to have good organizational skills, be structured and have the ability to cooperate with people from different backgrounds and cultures, as it is an organization with about 150 members from 100 different countries around the world. Since the main language is English, it is a requirement that you can speak and write fluently in English. It’s also a plus if you master Spanish and/or French.
- Ability to work under stress and strict deadlines
- Stand for the values of IUSY
- Ability to quickly and flexibly adapt to different customs, cultures, and conditions.
- Ability to multitask and work from abroad
- Oversee the correct carry-out of IUSY projects
- Creativity and problem solving
(Not mandatory, but very well received)
- Budgeting/bookkeeping skills and/or experience
- Project drafting skills and/or experience
- Fundraising strategy skills and/or experience
- Full-time contract with flexible working hours (approximately 38.5h/week).
- IUSY is the employer.
- The new staff member is expected to join the office between the middle of August and the middle of Septemeber, but this is something that can be discussed.
- 14 pays of 2.500€ gross
Apply by submitting a motivation letter and CV to https://podio.com/webforms/18591752/1251153, by the 6th of June.
We will process the application continuously, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Rebecca Abrahamsson, International Secretary SSU