The IUSY Feminist working group is starting the implementation of its roadmap developed during the last meeting (September 17-24 2017, Mollina, Spain).
The first planned activity is to create a quarterly thematic journal on feminism and related themes. The first edition is planned to launch on November 25th, 2017 on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.
We would like to collect stories/articles on the theme of gender based violence. We want to speak up about the issue by sharing our stories, celebrating those who have survived and connect to each other by working together for transformation and peace. The power of storytelling is valuable as a strategy for raising awareness, empowering and inspiring change.
IUSY Feminist working group is calling for submission of stories from feminist activists from IUSY member and partner organisations from Africa, South and North America, Asia-Pacific, Mediterranean, Europe (Balkans and Black Sea Cooperation Area).
We are seeking stories that respond to this prompt as a strategy for shedding light on:
- The value of women in the movement to end gender-based violence,
- The strength and perseverance of feminist activists and advocates in the face of challenging times
- Stories should be written from your point of view (first person/ “I” statements),
- Stories should be between 2-4 pages including the photo of the author(s).
- We encourage everyone who has a story on the topic to submit them especially individuals from traditionally marginalized and oppressed groups, including advocates of color, non-English speaking, immigrant, indigenous, Deaf, trans-identified, gender nonconforming, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and living with disabilities.
- Creativity in storytelling is welcomed!
Submissions are due 10 November, 2017 in Word format via email to: email@example.com with the subject line “Stories of women_full name”.
Authors of submitted stories will be informed about the selection results within a week after the deadline. Selected stories will be published in IUSY website, social media and shared among IUSY member and partner organisations. Stories will lead IUSY Feminist working group in drafting a resolution on gender based violence for the next IUSY Congress that will take place in the beginning of January 2018.
We are looking forward to receive your story!
IUSY Feminist working group