We are glad to extend to you the:
CALL FOR TRAINERS
Structural Empowering – Training of Trainers
17th – 25th September 2016, Mollina, Malaga (Spain)
In IUSY we organise many international events, whether they are regional committees, seminars or political schools. We regularly meet to debate and discuss, and more often than not we’re the ones facilitating such exchanges and dialogues. Therefore we believe we must have an active role in the preparation, delivery and evaluation of the methodology we use for these events.
We see non-formal alternatives to formal education being increasingly used in our society, in all sorts of different environments. Non-formal education methodology offers us the chance to develop opinions and skills through experiential learning, is inclusive to different learning styles and provides variety in programme. This is why we believe we should mainstream diverse methodologies into the activities of IUSY. Through this training we aim to position ourselves in the challenge zone in order to offer greater diversity on our events and obtain richer outcomes from our meetings and discussions.
In this Training for Trainers we aim to provide active members of IUSY the chance to acquire and develop training and facilitating skills. We’ll think about how non-formal methods can improve our activities, explore the different ways non-formal education can be utilised as a tool in our programmes, and, in addition, we will also create a network of trainers to help us deliver future IUSY activities.
We encourage you to disseminate this call for participants among the members of your organisations. Please be aware it is unlikely that more than one member per organisation will be selected to participate in this event, therefore we would encourage you to discuss internally who to put forward from your organisation before applying. Please keep in mind that the application deadline is Monday 6th August 2016.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the IUSY Secretariat at: email@example.com.
Howard Lee Evin Incir
IUSY President IUSY Secretary General
- To promote the concept of non-formal education as a working tool among the participants and, as an extension, their member organisations
- To provide participants with knowledge, tools and confidence to pursue training in their local organisations
- To bring the global perspective to the local level by providing training and facilitation skills to the participants
- To train members on the concepts that are relevant for youth political activism/campaigning training in order to be multipliers in their organisations (such as advocacy, speech drafting, communication skills, etc.)
- To develop the IUSY Pool of Trainers by improving the training capacities of young activists and youth organisations
The workshops will be facilitated based on the core values of participatory non-formal education/learning and on the basis of global education. The programme will promote critical analysis and be tool-oriented to improve the capacities of young activists and youth organisations at the national and local levels.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Be aged between 18-35
- Promote and practice IUSY’s core values
- Have a proficient level of English (the only working language during the activity)
- Experience in Training, especially in Training of Trainers.
WHAT DO WE ASK FROM YOU?
You should have the availability to prepare the programme in advance with the rest of the team. At the moment there’s no plan to have a face-to-face prep meeting but an online prep meeting, however this could change depending on the costs. You must be able to attend the whole of the event, from the 17th (4pm at the venue) to the 25th of September.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- The opportunity to be a member of a training team for a training of trainers of the biggest socialist and social democratic youth organisation in the world
- Enjoy of the opportunity to be part of the University of Youth and Development, part of a network of Youth Universities organised in partnership with the North South Centre (CoE), with 150-200 other young people
- All the expenses (travel, lodging and transport) during the length of the activity and symbolic retribution of 500€.
HOW TO APPLY?
Send a training CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 6th of August.
Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact the coordinator of the project at the IUSY office:
IUSY Project Manager
Tel: 0043 699 1353 2970